Parents Teachers and Friends Association
The PTFA assist the school to deliver the best education for its children by running events that raise money to support curriculum activities and purchase items which would not be available through the school’s annual budget.
The success of the PTFA depends entirely on the support of parents, staff and the community.
The charity fundraising committee is run by parents of children in the school and some teaching staff. We are proud to have contributed towards many facilities that make our school special.
Our four main aims are to:
- Develop extended relationships between the staff, parents, carers and children associated with the school.
- Engage in activities that support the school and advance the education of its pupils.
- Provide or assist in the provision of facilities or items for the school which are not provided from statutory funds.
- Organise events that the children enjoy.
To achieve our aims we organise fundraising events that take place throughout the year. These have included:
- Summer Fayres
- Firework Displays
- End of term Children’s Discos
- Fundraising Christmas Cards
- Quiz Nights
- Movie nights
- Bag2School – a textile collection fundraising scheme
These events have raised thousands of pounds and have provided the school with, among other things: KS1 and KS2 play equipment, friendship benches, IT equipment, books for the library, Year 6 leavers books, treats as part of the school’s good behaviour system.
Our main projects this year!
- To help enhance the technology equipment available in the school.
How can you help?
Consider joining the committee – a new committee is formed every October.
Sign up to our parent helpers’ list and volunteer your time at events – you can give as much or as little time as you wish. Please email PTFA@melbourn.cambs.sch.uk
Donate items that support our fundraising e.g. raffle prizes, tombola prizes
Match funding – does the company you work for run a match funding scheme? – please let us know
All assistance is appreciated!
To get involved please contact us via email, approach one of the committee members in the playground or come to one of the meetings. Any fresh ideas are always welcome!
Our email address is PTFA@melbourn.cambs.sch.uk.
Committee Members 2018 / 2019
Chair – Nicola Halloran
Treasurer – Philip Stewart
Secretary – Alison Elston
Stephanie Wilcox (Headteacher)